When You Increase Awareness, You Change Behavior
Give us your commitment and we will give you the tools you need to launch a proven awareness campaign.
How Geek the Library Works for Your Library … Top Ten List
- 1 It positions your library as vital to individuals and the community at large.
- 2 It serves as a reminder to the community that public library funding should not be taken lightly, and that the library is a critical public resource that helps people reeducate themselves, find jobs and transform their lives.
- 3 It helps debunk public library funding myths and reminds the public that the largest chunk of public library funding usually comes from local dollars.
- 4 It provides a lighthearted approach to encouraging critical conversations about your library’s need for support and funding.
- 5 It creates opportunities to build important relationships with influential members of the community, and partner with community organizations, local businesses and schools, which will have value in long-term funding efforts.
- 6 It makes a full-scale and professionally designed awareness campaign simple to localize and execute.
- 7 It provides the materials and advice needed to cut through the marketing clutter and speak directly to the people who can provide the kind of support you need when it counts.
- 8 It provides an opportunity to be part of the events and activities where the public library may not be expected.
- 9 It builds advocacy and marketing skills that benefit the library well beyond the campaign.
- 10 It provides new and exciting ways to connect with your community and have fun.